Build expertise in accounting while earning a law degree.
This program combines the study of law and accountancy to better prepare lawyers to practice successfully in an increasingly dynamic, interdisciplinary and global marketplace.
In addition to professional legal training in the College of Law, you will take courses in the College of Business and Economics Master of Accountancy program. This program is one of the few accounting master’s degree programs in the world accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International.
The program is designed to allow students to earn a J.D. and the Master of Accountancy (M. Acct.) in as few as six semesters.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Hold an undergraduate degree in accounting
- Are interested in law and business
- Enjoy working with numbers
- Have strong negotiation and communication skills
- Can think critically and analytically about complex problems
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Tax lawyer
- Certified Public Accountant
- Internal auditor
- Corporate lawyer or accountant
- Corporate controller