The Outdoor Rental Center has the Northwest's largest inventory of outdoor rental equipment. You need it, we have it! We are now accepting reservations for outdoor rental gear. All equipment must be reserved before pickup.
OUR COMMITMENT TO YOU DURING THIS TIME:
- No payment is required until pick-up for all reservations.
- Employees will wear a mask during all customer interactions and keep a minimum of 6 feet distance.
- Pick-up and returns are curbside only
- All returned equipment is quarantined for five days and disinfected before renting again.
Hours Beginning May 18:
Weekdays 10 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (pick-up by appointment only)
Payment of credit card only, due at the time of pick-up.
Curbside Pick-up Only:
Pickup/drop-offs are curbside only. You must load/unload all equipment without employee assistance. This includes canoes and rafts, we recommend you bring 2 people to help you load and unload these items.
Equipment must be completely dry and clean upon return. Equipment will be quarantined and disinfected before renting.
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. Current U of I students receive a discount on all rentals with their VandalCard.
The U of I Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted with payment at the rental center.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after Five days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment at the rental center.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.