Support for the Loss of Fellow Vandals
As we grieve the recent losses within our University of Idaho community, please know that you can reach out to the Counseling and Testing Center for additional support and counseling services.
Included below is a list of resources you may find beneficial in this time of grief and loss.
Grief and Loss Resources
- Bearing the Unbearable: Love, Loss, and the Heartbreaking Path of Grief by Joanne Cacciatore
- Grieving is Loving: Compassionate Words for Bearing the Unbearable by Joanne Cacciatore
- Good Grief: A Companion for Every Loss by Granger Westberg
- It’s OK That You’re Not OK: Meeting Grief and Loss in a Culture That Doesn’t Understandby Megan Devine
- Finding Meaning: The Sixth Sate of Grief by David Kessler
- The Grieving Brain: The Surprising Science of How We Learn from Love and Loss by Mary-Frances O’Connor
- Permission to Mourn: A New Way to do Grief by Tom Zuba
The Grief and Support group is held every first Monday of the month at 6 p.m., for the time being on zoom. We have had people of every age group including U of I students. Most time the group is very small, 1-4 people, but that makes it comfortable.
Grief comes to everyone at some point in life. If you are grieving the loss of a loved one (two or four legged), through death, divorce, illness, moving away, the loss of a job, a home, or community, you are welcome to join our Grief group, which meets on the first Monday of the month from 6-7 p.m.
Organized by the Unitarian Universalist Church of the Palouse. Everyone is welcome.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://palouseuu-org.zoom.us/j/5358085754