Online Teaching resources
Google Slides has built in auto-captions. Students with a captioning accommodation will still receive transcripts through CDAR, however CDAR encourages any instructors using Google Slides to turn on auto captions. Download instructions for using captions in Google Slides.
CDAR is exploring options for auto-captioning of Zoom sessions.
The University of Idaho is committed to providing excellent support services for students who are deaf and hard of hearing. The goal of the staff at The Center for Disability Access and Resources (CDAR) is to provide access to academic programs, events and services at the university.
Services available through CDAR include:
- Real-time captioning
- Interpreting in ASL, PSE or SEE
- Note-taking services
- Assistive listening devices
- Priority registration
- Referral to campus services
Communication services are available for the following activities:
- Student classes
- Activities required by the instructor
- Meetings between U of I students and faculty/staff
- U of I- and ASUI-sponsored activities
To Request Services
Processing requests can be time-consuming. Students are advised to request services as soon as possible. To request services:
- Provide documentation of disability. Documentation must have a diagnosis and be on the letterhead of a certified medical professional.
- Schedule an appointment to meet with a CDAR staff member. Appointments can be made by calling 208-885-6307 or by visiting Suite 127 in the Bruce M. Pitman Center.
- Meet with CDAR staff to discuss appropriate accommodations. Accommodations are based on need demonstrated in disability documentation, availability of services and personal preference.
Deaf and hard of hearing students who receive support services must notify the Captioning Coordinator if they plan on missing a class.
Contact the CDAR office or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the class begins. Give the name of the class, class time and day, and the type of service provided (Interpreter, Notetaker, or Captionist).
Policies for Arriving Late or No-Show for Class
- Captionists will wait for 10 minutes for a student to show before leaving class. If you know you are running late or know you will be late to class on a certain day, please email Brandon Faunce at email@example.com or call 208-885-6307.
- If a student misses 2 days of class in a row without notifying the Captioning Coordinator, services will be suspended until the student contacts CDAR.