The Center for Disability Access and Resources (CDAR) provides assistive devices, computers and software to students with disabilities free of charge.
Available items include:
- Assistive listening devices
- Handheld digital recorders
- Livescribe Echo Smartpens
- Sonocent Audio Notetaker Software
- Assistive Technology Computer Lab
- Other devices as necessary
To Request Devices
- Visit the CDAR office, Suite 127 in the Bruce M. Pitman Center, to complete the necessary paperwork and pick up assistive equipment.
- Return dates are listed on the check-out form.
- All devices are expected to be returned in the same condition as which they were checked out.
- If equipment is not returned or replacement is necessary, a hold may be placed on the student's account. Charges also may be made to the student's account.
Devices provided by CDAR occasionally malfunction or need repair. Bring malfunctioning units to CDAR as soon as possible to have the system or device repaired. A replacement unit will be provided upon return of the non-functioning unit, depending upon availability. If a replacement unit is not immediately available, one will be provided as soon as possible.
All devices are expected to be returned in the same condition as which they were checked out. In case of damage caused by improper use of the unit, students may be required to pay the cost of the repair.