University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Getting Started

The Center for Disability Access and Resources provides equitable access to University of Idaho programs for students with a permanent or temporary disability. CDAR works to create a culture which embraces the diversity of individuals with disabilities and provides seamless access and equity for all. We provide academic accommodations, advocacy, and training.

If you're a new Vandal that needs accommodations, or a continuing student just learning you have a disability, the resources on this page will help you get started. If you have a question that isn't answered here, please call 208-885-6307 or email

CDAR Application

Whether you're a new or continuing student, the CDAR Application is the first step in requesting accommodations. 

CDAR Application

High School VS College Disability Support

High School

  • High School accommodations are designed to ensure success.
  • Accommodations may alter the class standards such as shortened or alternate assignments.
  • The IEP team is responsible for evaluating effectiveness of accommodations and adjusting as needed. 


  • University accommodations are designed to ensure access.
  • Accommodations may not fundamentally alter the course. 
  • The student is responsible for evaluating the effectiveness of accommodations and must consult with CDAR should they need to adjust accommodations. 

High School

  • Parents are included in IEP / 504 plan meetings.
  • Parents and teachers can openly speak about the student's progress in the classroom.
  • Parents receive regular progress reports.
  • Parents can request a meeting with teachers at any time.
  • Parents are expected to advocate for their student.


  • Students meet with CDAR to set up accommodations. Parents can attend the meeting with the student's permission.
  • Instructors and University Staff cannot discuss the student's academic progress without written consent from the student. 
  • The University does not provide parents with progress or attendance reports. 
  • The student can request meetings with instructors.
  • The student is expected to self-advocate.

Registering with CDAR

The first step to receiving services from CDAR is to complete the CDAR Application.  Before starting the application you will need:

  1. Your Vandal ID and username. You should receive this information in your welcome packet. 
  2. Your DUO authentication device. The CDAR Application uses multi-factor authentication to protect your information, so you'll need your phone or key-fob. 

For security, the application will time out after 30 minutes. CDAR just needs basic information to start the accommodation process, you will have the opportunity during a meeting with one of our access consultants to share more details. Once you submit your application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive a confirmation, your application was not submitted.  If you need the application in an alternate format, or are not able to complete the application please email or call 208-885-6307

Disability documentation must be provided by a physician, psychologist, audiologist, or other licensed professional appropriately qualified to diagnose your specific disability. A 504 or IEP is helpful in establishing previous accommodations, but not a substitute. If documentation is incomplete, or more information is needed to determine reasonable accommodations, CDAR may request additional documentation before moving forward with the accommodation process.

General Documentation Requirements:

  1. Be on official letterhead from the professional describing the disability
  2. Be dated and signed, including the name, title, and professional credentials of the evaluator, with information about license or certification.
  3. List and explain the diagnosis/description of the medical condition, the date of diagnosis, the likely duration of the medical condition, and the functional limitations that arise from the medical condition.

Contact CDAR if you have any questions or run into challenges with obtaining this information from your medical provider.

Once you've completed the CDAR Application, you will need to schedule a meeting with one of our access consultants. Appointments can be made by calling 208-885-6307 or emailing  Initial appointments are scheduled for one hour. We are currently conducting appointments via Zoom to promote social distancing. 

Contact Us

Bruce M. Pitman Center, Suite 127

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS-4257
Moscow, ID 83844-4257

Phone: 208-885-6307

Fax: 208-885-9404


Web: Center for Disability Access and Resources

Meet the Staff Map

Bruce M. Pitman Center, Room 056

Physical Address:
CDAR Testing
Bruce M. Pitman Center, Room 056

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS-4257
Moscow, ID 83844-4257

Phone: 208-885-9004


Idaho Student Union Building Room 330

Mailing Address:
CDAR #4257

Phone: 208-885-9107


Web: Raven Scholars Program

Meet the Staff Map