University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Housing Accommodations

For students with specific disabilities, housing accommodations may be necessary in order to provide full and integrated access to on-campus living. Examples of housing accommodations include, but are not limited to:

  • ADA compliant rooms
  • Single occupancy rooms
  • Shared/private baths
  • Room modifications

Housing accommodations must be reasonable and relate to the students' disability and address their functional limitations. CDAR and Housing and Residence Life work closely together to ensure a positive living environment for students with disabilities who live in the residence halls.

Requesting Housing Accommodations

Students requesting a Housing Accommodation for the first time should begin by completed CDAR's Online Application

Documentation can be submitted with CDAR Application, emailed to, or to 208-885-9404, or brought in person to our office in the Bruce Pitman Center, room 127.

Your documentation must:

  • Be on letterhead from a physician or licensed professional  
  • Be signed by a physician or licensed professional  
  • List the diagnosis, the date of diagnosis, the duration of the diagnosis, and the limitations from the diagnosis

Once you have submitted a CDAR Application and applied to live on campus, the next step is to meet with one of CDAR's access consultants. Contact CDAR at 208-885-6307 to schedule your meeting. For housing accommodations, this meeting can take place via phone. 

Once you have met with an Access Consultant, CDAR will inform Housing and Residence Life of your accommodation. 

Housing Accommodations must be renewed once per academic year. Returning students should contact CDAR when they apply to live on campus the following semester to renew their housing accommodation. 

CDAR Application

Whether you're a new or continuing student, the CDAR Application is the first step in requesting accommodations. 

CDAR Application

On Campus Living Requirement

The University of Idaho requires all full-time, first year students under 21 years of age to live in organized living groups officially recognized by the university (residence halls, fraternities and sororities) for one academic year. Students with a documented disability can request an exemption through the Dean of Students Office.

Dietary Accommodations

Dining Services strives to accommodate the full-spectrum of dietary needs and restrictions by providing daily rotating vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options as well as an allergen-conscious station free of seven of the top eight food born allergens. If you have a dietary accommodation you feel cannot be met in the dining hall, please complete our Dietary Accommodation Form.  

Emotional Support Animals

Federal law (Fair Housing Act) allows individuals with disabilities the presence of emotional support animals in university housing. Emotional Support Animals are a category of animals that may provide assistance or emotional support to an individual with a disability that alleviates one or more identified symptoms of an individual’s disability, but which are not considered Service Animals under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Emotional Support Animals are not pets.

If you live in on-campus housing you are required to provide an Emotional Support Animal Request.  Page 1 of the request will be filled out by the student, pages 2-4 will need completed by the licensed medical provider. Once this form is completed it may be returned in person, faxed to CDAR at 208-885-9404, or emailed to If your medical provider prefers to use their own form, please include the Emotional Support Animal Fax Cover Sheet when submitting documentation to CDAR. 

All paperwork must be completed and approved prior to move-in. So, be sure to get the Emotional Support Animal Request filled out and signed by your mental health provider or physician first, complete the CDAR application located on the CDAR webpage, and schedule an appointment.

Contact Us

Bruce M. Pitman Center, Suite 127

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS-4257
Moscow, ID 83844-4257

Phone: 208-885-6307

Fax: 208-885-9404


Web: Strategic Plan

Meet the Staff Map

Bruce M. Pitman Center, Room 056

Physical Address:
CDAR Testing
Bruce M. Pitman Center, Room 056

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS-4257
Moscow, ID 83844-4257

Phone: 208-885-9004


Idaho Student Union Building Room 330

Mailing Address:
CDAR #4257

Phone: 208-885-9107


Web: Raven Scholars Program

Meet the Staff Map