Contacting Your Advisees
Advisors can email their advisees through VandalStar or Student Profile to send out advising reminders, announce the beginning of the advising period, and clarify expectations for new and returning students. Advisors can use the templates provided on the right to connect with their students. All advisors are encouraged to create and disseminate an advising syllabus using the template on the right.
Advisors can also download lists of their advisees through VandalStar or Student Profile, which can be used to tailor messages to specific groups and keep track of advisee appointments. Please see the directions below.
- How to Email Your Advisees pdf
- Advising Syllabus Template docx
- Student Profile Sheet pdf
- Student Self-Evaluation pdf
- To email students using VandalStar, see the "How to Email Your Advisees" PDF in Quick Downloads above.
- To learn how to email students using Student Profile in VandalWeb, follow the guides provided by the Office of the Registrar.
Advisees are managed using the SGAADVR form in Banner (see Student Information Manual for more detail). For faculty advisors, advisees are assigned and managed at the department level. Please work with your departmental administrator and/or administrative assistant to keep your caseload up to date.