Greg Latta, Ph.D.
Assistant Research Professor of Forest Economics and Interim Director of Policy Analysis Group
Department of Natural Resources and Society
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1139
Moscow, ID 83844-1139
- Ph.D., Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Ås, Norway, Forest and Resource Economics, 2013
- M.S., Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, Forest Resources, 2000
- B.A., University California at Santa Barbara, Santa Barbara, CA, Economics , 1992
- Forest Products Markets
- Forest, Energy, and Climate Policy Modeling
- Growth & Yield and Harvest Scheduling
- Pokharel, R., and G. Latta. 2020. A network analysis to identify forest merchantability limitations across the United States. Forest Policy and Economics. 116(2020):102181.
- Wade, C., J. Baker, G. Latta, and S. Ohrel. 2019. Evaluating Potential Sources of Aggregation Bias with a Structural Optimization Model of the U.S. Forest Sector. Journal of Forest Economics. 34(3-4):337-366.
- Jones, J.P.H., J.S. Baker, K. Austin, G. Latta, C. Wade, Y. Cai, L. Aramayo-Lipa, R. Beach, S. Ohrel, S. Ragnauth, J. Creason, and J. Cole. 2019. Importance of cross-sector interactions when projecting forest carbon across alternative socioeconomic futures. Journal of Forest Economics. 34(3-4):205-231.
- Wade, C., J. Baker, G. Latta, S. Ohrel, and J. Allpress. 2019. Projecting the spatial distribution of possible planted forest expansion in the United States. Journal of Forestry. 117(6)560-578.
- Pokharel, R., R.K. Grala, D.L. Grebner, S.C. Grado, J. Poudel, and G. Latta. 2019. Availability of logging residues and likelihood of its utilization for electricity production. Journal of Forestry. 117(6)543-559.
- Galik, C., G. Latta and C. Gambino. 2019. Piecemeal or combined? Assessing greenhouse gas mitigation spillovers in US forest and agriculture policy portfolios. Climate Policy. 19(10): 1270-1283.
- Baker, J.S., N. Forsell, G. Latta, and B. Sohngen. 2019. State of the Art Methods to Project Forest Carbon Stocks. Journal of Forest Economics. 34(1-2): 1-5.
- Martinkus, N., G. Latta, S.A.M Rijkhoff, D. Mueller, S. Hoard, D. Sasatani, F. Pierobon, and M. Wolcott. 2019. A Multi-Criteria Decision Support Tool for Biorefinery Siting: Using Economic, Environmental, and Social metrics for a Refined Siting Analysis. Biomass and Bioenergy. 128(2019):105330.
- Adams, D.M., G.S. Latta, M.S. Crandall, and I. Guerrero. 2019. Projecting biomass supplies for liquid biofuel production in western Oregon and western Washington, USA. Forest Policy and Economics 106(2019):101957.
- Chudy, R., H.K. Sjølie, G.S. Latta, and B. Solberg. 2019. Effects on forest products markets of second-generation biofuel production based on biomass from boreal forests: a case study from Norway. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 34(3): 218-227.
- Lewis, K.C., E.K. Newes, S.O. Peterson, M.N. Pearlson, E.A. Lawless, K. Brandt, D. Camenzind, M.P. Wolcott, B.C. English, G.S. Latta, A. Malwitz, J.I. Hileman, N.L. Brown, and Z. Haq. 2019. U.S. alternative jet fuel deployment scenario analyses identifying key drivers and geospatial patterns for the first billion gallons. Biofuels, Bioproducts & Biorefining 13(3): 471-485.
- Larson, J., J. Baker, G. Latta, S. Ohrel, and C. Wade. 2018. Modeling international trade of forest products: application of PPML to a gravity model of trade. Forest Products Journal 68(3):303-316.
- Martinkus, N., G. Latta, K.L. Brandt, and M.P. Wolcott. 2018. A multi-criteria decision analysis approach to facility siting in a wood-based depot-and-biorefinery supply chain model. Frontiers in Energy Research, section Bioenergy and Biofuels. 6(124)1-16.
- Baker, J., A. Crouch, Y. Cai, G. Latta, S. Ohrel, J. Jones, and A. Latané. 2018. Logging residue supply and costs for electricity generation: potential variability and policy considerations. Energy Policy 116(2018):397-409.
- Latta, G., J. Baker and S. Ohrel. 2018. A land use and resource allocation (LURA) modeling system for projecting localized forest CO2 effects of alternative macroeconomic futures. Forest Policy and Economics 87(2018):35-48.
- Martinkus, N., G. Latta, T. Morgan, and M. Wolcott. 2017. A comparison of methodologies for estimating delivered forest residue volume and cost to a wood-based biorefinery. Biomass and Bioenergy 106(2017): 83-94.
- Sjølie, H.K., G.S. Latta, and B. Solberg. 2016. Combining backcasting with forest sector projection models to provide paths into the future bioeconomy. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 31(7): 708-718.
- Latta, G., Plantinga, A., and M. Sloggy. 2016. The effects of Internet use on global demand for paper products. Journal of Forestry 114(4): 433-440.
- Galik, C.S., R.C. Abt, G. Latta, A. Méley and J.D. Henderson. 2016. Meeting renewable energy and land use objectives through public-private biomass supply partnerships. Applied Energy. 172(15 June 2016): 264-274.
- Latta, G.S., Adams, D.M., Bell, K.P., and J.D. Kline. 2016. Evaluating land-use and private forest management responses to a potential forest carbon offset sales program in western Oregon (USA). Forest Policy and Economics 65(1): 1-8.
- Galik, C.S., R.C. Abt, G. Latta, and T. Vegh. 2015. The environmental and economic effects of regional bioenergy policy in the southeastern US. Energy Policy. 85(2015): 335-346.
- Sjølie, H.K., G.S. Latta, E. Trømborg, T.F. Bolkesjø, and B. Solberg. 2015. An assessment of forest sector modeling approaches: conceptual differences and quantitative comparison. Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 30(1): 60-72.