Eric T. Stuen
Associate Professor of Economics
Migration of R&D Professionals, Technology and Development, Labor Economics, Wine Economics.
- Lee, J. and Stuen, E. (2015). “University Reputation and Technology Commercialization: Evidence from Nanoscale Science” Journal of Technology Transfer 41(3): 589-609.
- Stuen, E., Hoang, N. and Hoang, V. (2015). “Malnutrition Expectations and Precautionary Demand for Children: Evidence from Vietnam” Forum of Development Studies 46(2): 1-15.
- Stuen, E., Miller, J. and Stone, R. (2015). “An Analysis of Wine Critic Consensus: A Study of Washington and California Wines” Journal of Wine Economics 10(1): 47-61.
- Miller, J., Stone, R. and E. Stuen (2015) “When is a Wine a Bargain? A Comparison of Popular and Regression-based Approaches” Journal of Wine Research 26(2): 153-168.
- Stuen, Eric T., Mobarak, A. Mushfiq and Maskus, Keith E. (2012), “Skilled Immigration and Innovation: Evidence from Enrolment Fluctuations in US Doctoral Programmes.” The Economic Journal, 122: 1143–1176.
- Miller, Jon and Eric Stuen (2013) “Quality, Reputation and Persistent Regional Price Differences: The Case of California and Washington Wine.” Enometrica, 6: 31-47.
- Maskus, Keith, A. Mushfiq Mobarak and Eric Stuen (2013), “Doctoral Students and U.S. Immigration Policy”. Science, 324: 562-563.
- Stuen, Eric (2013) “Aggregate Evidence of Localized Academic Knowledge Transfer in the U.S.” Economics Bulletin, 33: 1468-1478.
Awards and Honors:
- Stoddard CBE Distinguished Scholar Award, University of Idaho, 2016-2017.
- Monnett International Business Faculty Fellowship, University of Idaho, 2014.
- Thiessen Family Excellence in Research Award, University of Idaho, 2012, 2013.
- Shortlisted for Royal Economic Society Prize, for best Economic Journal article of 2012.
- Ph.D., Economics, University of Colorado at Boulder, 2008