Associate Professor of Marketing
207 J.A. Albertson Building
College of Business and Economics
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3161
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3161
Dr. Devezer's research interests include consumer motivation and self-regulation, self-fulfilling prophecy, consumer-brand interactions, and the understanding and application of scientific and statistical methods in social sciences. Her research has been featured in the Journal of Marketing and the Journal of Retailing.
- Devezer, Berna, David E. Sprott, Eric R. Spangenberg, and Sandor Czellar (2014), “Consumer Well-Being: Effects of Subgoal Failures and Goal Importance,” Journal of Marketing, 78 (2), 118-34.
- Joireman, Jeff, Yany Grégoire, Berna Devezer, and Tom Tripp (2013), “When Do Customers Offer Firms a ‘Second Chance’ Following a Double Deviation? The Impact of Inferred Firm Motives on Customer Revenge and Reconciliation,” Journal of Retailing, 89 (3), 315-37.
Manuscripts under Review
- Ioannis Kareklas, Berna Devezer, David E. Sprott, and Eric R. Spangenberg, “Nothing So Complex as an Apparently Simple Phenomenon: A Meta-Analytic Review of the Question- Behavior Effect,” (at the Journal of Consumer Psychology).
- Kunter Gunasti and Berna Devezer, “How Competitor Brands Influence Within-Brand Choices: Alphanumeric Brand Names as Unique Product Attributes,” (at the Marketing Letters).
- Berna Devezer and Kivilcim Dogerlioglu Demir, “Self-Schema as Goal Standard: Understanding Self-Regulation via Sequential Behaviors,” prepared for submission to Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
- Berna Devezer and Erkan O. Buzbas, “Replicability and Reproducibility of Research Findings”. (B)
- Berna Devezer and Kunter Gunasti, “Alphanumeric Brand Names and Consumer Price Perceptions,” targeted for the Journal of Marketing Research.
- Michael A. McCollough, Berna Devezer, and George Tanner, “The Elevator Pitch Reimagined,” targeted for Entrepreneurship Journal.
- Sanjay R. Sisodiya, Berna Devezer, and Steven R. Shook, “An Investigation of Movie Sequels as Special Case of Line Extensions”.
Awards and Honors:
- Recipient of the Thiessen Family Excellence in Research Awards, College of Business and Economics, University of Idaho, 2013.
- AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium Fellow, University of Missouri, 2008. ACR North America Doctoral Consortium Fellow, Memphis, TN, 2007.
- Robert A. Mittelstaedt Doctoral Symposium Fellow, University of Nebraska, 2007.
- Ph.D.,Washington State University, Marketing, 2009
- M.S., Washington State Universtiy, Statistics, 2009
- B.A.,Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, Business Administration, 1999