Head of Accounting and MIS
125A J.A. Albertson Building
College of Business and Economics
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3161
Moscow, Idaho 83844-3161
- LLM, University of Florida, 1985
- JD, University of Arizona, 1984
- BSBA, University of Arizona, 1979
Tracey Anderson is a professor of accounting at the College of Business & Economics. Prior to joining the CBE at the University of Idaho, Professor Anderson taught at the Judd Leighton School of Business & Economics at Indiana University South Bend. He has also taught at the University of Illinois, in their Masters of Tax Program.
Tracey has served as Interim Dean, Chair of Accounting & MIS, and Chair of Accounting at Indiana University South Bend, prior to his appointment as Head of Accounting & MIS at the University of Idaho College of Business and Economics.
He is a member of the American Bar Association, the Arizona Bar Association, the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the American Accounting Association, and he has served as president of the Mishawaka Rotary Club. He is licensed as an attorney in Michigan and Indiana and as a CPA in Indiana.
Professor Anderson gained industry experience in tax preparation and auditing at Deloitte Haskins & Sells and Laventhol & Horwath in Tucson, Arizona. He also supervised the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA) at IU South Bend, a free income tax service for low income and elderly citizens staffed by Leighton School accounting students.
- Financial Accounting
- Individual income taxation
- Corporate income taxation
- Estate and gift tax
- Partnership taxation
- Taxation of estates and trusts
- Banking industry
- Economic trends
- Crypto Currency/Bitcoin
- Financial markets and their collapse
- Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics Outstanding Teaching Award, 2003-2011
- Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics Outstanding Service Award, 2003-2016
- Judd Leighton School of Business and Economics Outstanding Research Award, 2003-2005