The marketing team is staffed by marketing and advertising experts who help you create an advertising campaign that reaches your target audience and goals. Whether you are interested in buying traditional print advertising, increasing your digital reach or delving into new markets, our team identifies the right channels, works with your budget, pairs you with the right resources and builds a winning strategy.
Advertising, also known as paid media, includes different media. Examples include:
- Print media, such as newspapers and magazines
- Radio and TV advertisements
- Park benches and outdoor advertisements
- Bus wraps
- Digital radio, such as Pandora or Spotify
- Social media advertisements (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Digital TV streaming services, such as Hulu
- Pre-roll video (YouTube)
- Search engine marketing (SEM) advertising, through Google, Bing and Yahoo
- Digital display and pay-per-click (PPC) banners
- Online advertising through traditional media sources, such as newspaper websites
Defining the right media mix is critical to success and depends on many variables, such as budget, timeline and target audience.
When purchasing advertising, be sure to ask if the University of Idaho has negotiated rates. We negotiate partnerships and deals with many outlets that we commonly work with throughout the region.
With each media channel comes many ways to target and reach your desired audience. Below are examples of the ways and tactics that we use to segment and reach audiences within today’s noisy marketplace.
- Location based
- Behavioral retargeting
- IP targeting
- Affinity and interest-based targeting
If you are interested in purchasing advertising, work with your marketing manager or Senior Director of Marketing & Creative Services John Barnhart to create an advertising strategy that supports the U of I brand. Our marketing team is here to support you.
U of I also retains partnerships with outside marketing and media buying agencies that assist you in meeting your goals and getting the most out of your advertising dollars. To work with these agencies, contact Senior Director of Marketing & Creative Services John Barnhart.