Who We Are
The James A. and Louise McClure Center for Public Policy Research is uniquely poised to serve as a convener of diverse stakeholders, and provide reliable, nonpartisan information on tough policy issues. Not only does the McClure Center find common ground and pragmatic solutions, but Center staff strive to take an innovative and agile approach to addressing policy inquiries.
The McClure Center aims to be Idaho’s most trusted and preeminent public policy research center.
With a focus on critical issues facing the state, region, nation, and world, the McClure Center:
- Conducts evidence-based research to inform public policy;
- Communicates reliable policy findings in an accessible manner;
- Convenes and collaborates with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Engages students in public policy; and
- Advances the University of Idaho as a leader in public policy research.
Consistent with Senator McClure’s legacy, the core of the Center’s mission is to serve the public through the application of scientifically based research to the public policy process.
Areas of Impact
The McClure Center’s current areas of impact include:
- Rural Idaho
- Natural Resources