Extension Educator — Livestock & 4-H
University of Idaho Extension, Bingham County
412 W Pacific St.
Blackfoot ID 83221
Carmen provides leadership for programming in livestock and 4-H.
M.S., University of Nebraska — Lincoln, 2015
B.S., Iowa State University, 2013
- Beef cattle production
- Goat management
- Youth livestock programming
- Youth Beef Education Day links livestock production, food quality and safety
- University of Idaho Extension continues important cover crop research
- Assessment of the mineral status of forage and range grass in Idaho
- 2017 Idaho Young Cattle Producer Conference
- Youth demonstrate knowledge of animal science at statewide Livestock Skill-a-thon
- Interseeding cover crop into growing corn shows promise for grazing and soil cover
- Succession planning workshop impacted farmers and ranchers in the Magic Valley
- Idaho's 4-H Rangeland Skill-a-thon: increasing youth education in rangelands
Carmen is the University of Idaho Extension educator in Lincoln County. Her programming efforts focus on increasing the profitability of livestock management and forage production in Lincoln County and the surrounding areas.
- G. Elbert McProud Scholarship recipient