Pesticide Safety Education
University of Idaho educates applicators on pesticide safety. UI Extension promotes the safe use of pesticides to protect human health and the environment.
2022 Pesticide Recertification Webinar Fall Series
The summer series will be held via Zoom (no camera/account required).
Each webinar is $10 per applicator.
Completed webinars receive one pesticide credit* from the Idaho State Department of Agriculture
Note: Enrollment will close 8 a.m. (Mountain Time) the day of each webinar.
2022 Fall Sessions available:
- Nov. 1 — 10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Control of Commensal Rodents on Farms and Ranches presented by Stephen M. Vantassel, CWCP®, ACE®, Vertebrate Pest Specialist, Montana Department of Agriculture
- Nov. 8 —10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Pesticide Labels – What to know for successful pesticide applications presented by Ronda Hirnyck, Extension Professor, UI Pesticide Programs
- Nov. 15 —10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Russian Olive Management presented by Danielle Gunn, UI Extension Fort Hall Reservation Educator
- Nov. 29 — 10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Using UI Extension Tools for Pest Management presented by Kimberly Tate, UI Extension Pest Management Instructor
- Dec. 6— 10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Herbicide Resistant Weeds in Idaho presented by Doug Finkelnburg, University of Idaho Regional Extension Educator, Cropping Systems
- Dec. 13— 10-11 a.m. (Mountain Time) — Recent Invasive Insects in Idaho presented by Brad Stokes, UI Extension Elmore County Educator
- Select Register today link below.
- Choose a session.
- Enroll with your contact information.
- Click continue.
- Add another attendee or session by clicking “Add another attendee,” if desired.
- Complete the required fields for each attendee.
- Continue to confirm your order.
- Receive the Zoom link and instructions from email@example.com within 24 business hours. It is important to check your email regularly or save firstname.lastname@example.org as a contact. This will reduce risk of losing the email.
Register today with Marketplace
Marketplace does accept webCheck payments with routing and account numbers.
If your company has issue with webCheck-payment requirements, please email email@example.com.
*For pesticide credit: Pesticide applicators must answer questions throughout the webinar session. This requires individual computer and internet access for each user. Answers will be collected to confirm attendance was maintained for the entire webinar.
To request a group setting, contact Kimberly Tate, via firstname.lastname@example.org, at least 24-hours prior to the webinar for instructions.
Pesticide exams and licenses are issued by the Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA). For licensing information, visit the ISDA website. Online registration with the ISDA is required before an exam session.
Prepare for the Law and Safety and Private Applicator exams by studying eight online modules.
Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Agricultural Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisoning and injury among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers.
EPA-approved training materials for the new WPS have expanded content and are available (http://pesticideresources.org/) at the Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative (PERC).
For local WPS information, go to Idaho State Department of Agriculture.
Pesticide Training Manuals
Getting ready for applicator licensing or renewal? Check our listing of required study materials.