Pesticide Safety Education
University of Idaho educates applicators on pesticide safety. UI Extension promotes the safe use of pesticides to protect human health and the environment.
2021 PSEP Fall Webinar Series
Recertification webinars are for those preparing to recertify their pesticide license credits.
The webinars are online via Zoom (no camera required).
Fee: $10 per participant per webinar
Register today with Marketplace
- Nov. 2 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Sherman Takatori: Do’s and Do Not’s of the New ISDA Pesticide and Chemigation Rules
- Nov. 9 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Jason Thomas: Biological Control of Voles and Using Wildlife for Pest Management
- Nov. 16 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Doug Finkelnburg: Herbicide Resistance Management and Mitigation in Agricultural Weeds
- Nov. 30 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Nic Usabel: Spider Mites & Scale Have You Down?
- Dec. 7 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Steve Hines: Weeds of Some Concern: Identification at Early Emergence
- Dec. 14 at 10 a.m. (MT) — Kimberly Tate: Managing and Avoiding Pesticide Drift
Marketplace does accept webCheck payments with routing and account numbers.
If your company has issue with webCheck-payment requirements, please email email@example.com.
First-Time License Pre-license Training
This training is for those preparing for private or professional pesticide license exams.
Check back in January 2022 for the Pesticide Pre-License Training schedule.
Pesticide exams and licenses are issued by the Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA). For licensing information, visit the ISDA website. Online registration with the ISDA is required before an exam session.
Prepare for the Law and Safety and Private Applicator exams by studying eight online modules.
Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Agricultural Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisoning and injury among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers.
EPA-approved training materials for the new WPS have expanded content and are available (http://pesticideresources.org/) at the Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative (PERC).
For local WPS information, go to Idaho State Department of Agriculture.
Pesticide Training Manuals
Getting ready for applicator licensing or renewal? Check our listing of required study materials.