Pesticide Safety Education
University of Idaho educates applicators on pesticide safety. UI Extension promotes the safe use of pesticides to protect human health and the environment.
2022 Pre-License Online Training
This training has a four-day agenda with live instruction via Zoom and access to educational materials to complete at your own pace. The live instruction requires a computer or smart tablet, camera and microphone enabled, with internet access. You will meet online twice daily divided into 2.5-hour sections.
- Each training offers the following listed sections:
- Class preparation & applicator categories
- Idaho pesticide law & regulations
- Pesticide labels & activity
- Pesticide math & activity
- Weed identification & management
- Insect identification & management
- Plant disease identification & management
- General pest management
- Practice Exam
The educational materials included with registration prepare students for the training and the statewide pesticide exams. All materials will be available after registration, and students will have continued access until three weeks following the scheduled training.
Enrollment is $50 per student for the weeklong training.
Note: Enrollment will close the Wednesday prior to the scheduled start date.
- March 14-17, 2022 — 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- March 28-31, 2022 — 9-11:30 a.m. and 1:30-4 p.m. (Mountain Time)
- Select Register today link below.
- Choose a session.
- Enroll with your contact information.
- Click continue
- Add another attendee by clicking “Add another attendee,” if desired
- Complete the required fields for each attendee.
- Continue to confirm your order.
- Receive the Zoom link and instructions from firstname.lastname@example.org within 24 business hours. It is important to check your email regularly or save email@example.com as a contact. This will reduce losing the email.
Register today with Marketplace
First-Time License Pre-license Training
This training is for those preparing for private or professional pesticide license exams.
Pre-License Training for Ornamental Pesticide Applicators
- Jan. 20-21 at 9 a.m. (MT)
- Location: Boise Centre, 850 W Front St, Boise, ID 83702
- Fee: FREE (This educational training is funded through an ISDA grant. There will be no cost to the student.)
- Registration open Jan. 1-14, 2022. Registration closes at 8 a.m. Jan. 14.
This training will be in-person with a two-day agenda. Focus will be on the following categories: Ornamental Insecticide (OI), Ornamental Herbicide (OH), General Pest (GP) and Core (CO).
Registration includes access to eLearning modules and study materials housed on the National Extension Foundation website. These materials prepare students for the two-day class and the statewide exams. All materials will be available to each registered student with continued access until three weeks after the training
Register today with Marketplace
Marketplace does accept webCheck payments with routing and account numbers.
If your company has issue with webCheck-payment requirements, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 PSEP Fall Webinar SeriesRecertification webinars are for those preparing to recertify their pesticide license credits. Check back summer 2022 for an updated schedule.
Pesticide exams and licenses are issued by the Idaho State Department of Agriculture (ISDA). For licensing information, visit the ISDA website. Online registration with the ISDA is required before an exam session.
Prepare for the Law and Safety and Private Applicator exams by studying eight online modules.
Worker Protection Standard (WPS)
The Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Agricultural Worker Protection Standard (WPS) is aimed at reducing the risk of pesticide poisoning and injury among agricultural workers and pesticide handlers.
EPA-approved training materials for the new WPS have expanded content and are available (http://pesticideresources.org/) at the Pesticide Education Resources Collaborative (PERC).
For local WPS information, go to Idaho State Department of Agriculture.
Pesticide Training Manuals
Getting ready for applicator licensing or renewal? Check our listing of required study materials.