EHHS Equity and Social Justice Initiatives
Welcome to EHHS’s webspace dedicated to our work on issues of equity, social justice, diversity, and inclusion.
In late spring of 2020, we have established a work group dedicated to anti-racism and anti-oppression in general, issues of social justice, and inclusion of all. Our work group gathers representatives of all EHHS programs, departments, campus locations, and units. We are currently developing our mission statement and we prioritized the following two goals for the academic year 2020-2021.
- Improving EHHS’s climate and culture, as related to University of Idaho Diversity Plan:
- Goal I. Administrative Structure, Systems, and Processes: The UI shall provide an administrative structure that assumes a leadership role in promoting, funding, coordinating, and monitoring diversity efforts at the university.
- A combination of objectives 1 and 5: Develop diversity and inclusion programs, activities, and practices in the College, which are essential to support diversity and inclusion awareness among the college community
- Improving diverse student recruitment and retention, as related to University of Idaho Diversity Plan:
- Goal IV. Student Recruitment and Retention: Through Affirmative Action and other means supported by law, the UI shall recruit, enroll, retain, and graduate a diversified student population; particularly, the UI shall undertake to establish critical masses of underrepresented groups in the University, thereby achieving a body of students and alumni/ae reflecting the diverse state and regional population.
- Objective 10: Evaluate current structure and funding of multicultural student recruitment. Ensure appropriate staffing for culturally responsive recruitment of students from underrepresented and diverse groups.
We encourage you to browse our website, take notice of the initiatives we are planning, and join us in efforts!
Associate Dean of Inclusion