Special Education, M.Ed.
Special Lives, Applied Education
Through coursework and practicum experiences, you will learn to teach students with special needs. Undergraduates can earn dual certification and both a bachelor’s degree in elementary or secondary education and a master’s degree in special education in as few as five years; experienced special education professionals can expand their knowledge in the field with an master's students with a bachelor’s degree who are new to the field can earn a master's and become certified to teach special education.
- The Special Education program offers an undergraduate teaching major as well as two different tracks to a master's degree.
- Accredited by CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) and is a state approved program.
- Become involved in community-based programs.
- Ranked number 14 in the nation in best online special education programs.
- Network with professionals in special education and other disciplines.