Campus & Community Resources
At U of I, we value all forms of diversity, including students, faculty and staff who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, queer, questioning, asexual, ally, or any other identity that falls under our rainbow alphabet.
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA) | firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA strives to encourage individual growth and understanding by improving visibility and providing support for LGBTQ people and their straight allies.
- Counseling and Mental Health Center | 208-885-6716
The Counseling and Mental Health Center offers inclusive counseling and other services for those struggling with their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Diversity & Human Rights | 208-885-4285
- Office of the Dean of Students | 208-885-6757
- Violence Prevention Programs | 208-885-0688
- Office of Multicultural Affairs | 208-885-7716
- Women's Center | 208-885-2777
- Ombuds Office | 208-885-7668
- Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse (ATVP) | 208-883-4357
If you need a confidential advocate to walk you through the process of getting you the help that you need regarding sexual assault, domestic violence or stalking, contact ATVP.
- Inland Oasis | 208-596-4449
This local nonprofit provides services for LGBTQA individuals, including free HIV testing and condoms, and gender-variant and youth support groups.