Campus & Community Resources
At U of I, we value all forms of diversity, including students, faculty and staff who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, transgender, queer, questioning, asexual, ally, or any other identity that falls under our rainbow alphabet.
- Gender and Sexuality Alliance (GSA) | firstname.lastname@example.org
GSA strives to encourage individual growth and understanding by improving visibility and providing support for LGBTQ people and their straight allies.
- Counseling & Testing Center | (208) 885-6716
The Counseling and Testing Center offers inclusive counseling and other services for those struggling with their sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Diversity & Human Rights | (208) 885-4285
- Office of the Dean of Students | (208) 885-6757
- Violence Prevention Programs | (208) 885-0688
- Office of Multicultural Affairs | (208) 885-7716
- Women's Center | (208) 885-2777
- Alternatives to Violence of the Palouse (ATVP) | (208) 883-4357
If you need a confidential advocate to walk you through the process of getting you the help that you need regarding sexual assault, domestic violence or stalking, contact ATVP.
- Inland Oasis | (208) 596-4449
This local nonprofit provides services for LGBTQA individuals, including free HIV testing and condoms, and gender-variant and youth support groups.
- Inland Oasis - Moscow-based LGBTQA non-profit
- Pride Foundation - Northwest-based LGBTQ advocacy organization
- American Civil Liberties Union of Idaho - Civil rights advocacy organization localized to Idaho
- Power of One Conference - Northwest student leadership conference
- Washington Gender Alliance - Washington-based educational and support organization that advocates for transgender and gender issues
- Northwest Network - Seattle-based organization that contains resources and information for LGBTQ survivors of abuse and interpersonal violence.
- Human Rights Campaign - LGBTQA activist and advocacy organization with a variety of useful resources
- Lambda Legal - LGBTQ legal advocacy group
- National LGBTQ Task Force - LGBTQA activist and advocacy organization
- Matthew Shepard Foundation - Organization honoring Matthew Shepard aimed to promote tolerance and diversity
- PFLAG - Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays LGBTQA and ally support network with community resources along with coming out resources and support. Includes Spanish language resources for LGBTQA people and supporters.
- Lambda 10 Project - National clearinghouse for LGBTQA fraternity and sorority issues
- Colage - Resources for people with LGBTQA parent(s)
- Everyone is Gay - Interactive LGBTQA advice and resource website
- GLAAD - LGBTQA media advocacy organization
- National Black Justice Coalition - Civil rights organization dedicated to empowering Black LGBTQA people
- Xqsimagazine - Spanish language LGBTQA Latin multimedia publication
- Unidas - National Latina LGBTQA human rights organization
- Immigration Equality - National organization advocating for the rights of LGBTQA immigrants
- GSA Network - Information and resources for LGBTQA youth and gay-straight alliances
- GLSEN - Gay, Lesbian, Straight, Education Network with resources for LGBTQA youth and educators
- Bisexual Resource Center - National organization that advocates for the rights of bisexual community
- The Trevor Project - LGBTQA youth suicide prevention crisis intervention services
- Palm Center - Resources and information related to gender, sexuality and the military.
- AVER - American Veterans for Equal Rights
- SLDN - Servicemembers Legal Defense Network
- The Asexual Visibility & Education Network - Resources and information about asexuality and asexual identities
- AEVN Wiki - Informational wiki related to asexuality and asexual identities
- Asexual Awareness Week - Resources and information about asexuality and asexual identities
- NCTE - National Center for Transgender Equality works for the advancement of transgender people
- Transguys - Online resources for transgender men
- Transgender Law and Policy Center - Legal resources for transgender people
- Gender Spectrum - Resources and information for parents related to gender identity for children and teens
- Transfamily - General transgender resources
- GenderTalk - Radio program and information related to gender and transgender issues