Serving students with special needs.
The demand for special education teachers is great. In fact, nearly 100 percent of students seeking special education positions find employment successfully.
This program prepares you for a career in this rewarding field. Through coursework and practicum experiences, you will learn to teach students with special needs, including those with mild to moderate disabilities, learning disabilities, mental conditions or other disabling conditions that require special equipment, materials and teaching procedures.
- M.Ed. Only: Experienced special educators who have a bachelor’s degree in special education or a closely-related field can earn a master’s degree while expanding their knowledge of the field.
- M.Ed. and Certification: Students with a bachelor’s degree and who are new to the field can earn a master’s degree and become certified to teach special education.
This program is a good fit if you:
- Are compassionate, patient and creative
- Want to help youths with special needs
- Have strong leadership, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Are willing to work hard to overcome challenges
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Special education teacher
- Trainer of professionals who work with those with special needs
Physical Education & Physical Activity Pedagogy, M.Ed.