The making of choral conductors.
Designed to meet the needs of professional performers, composers, and studio or school music teachers, this program is ideal for students who want to pursue the curriculum as a terminal professional program or as a foundation for doctoral study.
As a student in this program, you will receive rigorous instruction from a first-class faculty of accomplished soloists, chamber and orchestral musicians, conductors, composers and teachers. Areas of concentration include music education, performance, composition, accompanying, and piano pedagogy and performance studies.
This program could be a good fit if you:
- Have prior musical training and professional experience
- Are fully committed to developing your talent
- Are self-motivated and goal-oriented
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in vocal music or choral conducting
- Are interested in pursuing a doctorate
With this degree, you could become a/an:
- Professional musician
- Opera singer
- Orchestra member
- Band member
- Vocal teacher
- Instrument instructor
- Recording artist
- Studio musician
- Music teacher
Interdisciplinary Studies, M.A./M.S.