Request More Information
Where business meets consumers.
How do companies get people to buy their products or services? It comes down to the art of persuasion. Understanding what your consumers are looking for and knowing how to persuade them to commit — that’s the science of marketing.
As a marketing major, you will study how packaging, advertising, branding, social media and other factors influence consumer behaviors. You will explore market research tools and learn how to use the marketing mix (product, price, place, promotion) to create effective marketing strategies.
The common theme of the College of Business and Economics curriculum is to "learn business by doing business" throughout all four years. Our learning environment encourages our students is to focus on their major study, but also engaging in several hands-on learning opportunities that will prepare them to become outstanding leaders after graduation.
The marketing program could be a good fit if you:
- Are a creative thinker
- Have strong communication skills (written, oral and interpersonal)
- Like social media and other forms of new media
- Enjoy working with people
- Have an outgoing personality
With this degree, you may become a:
- Marketing director
- Brand manager
- Retail manager
- Sales representative
- Social media manager
- Advertising account manager
- Market research analyst
- Product marketing manager
- Entrepreneur/small business owner
- Customer relations specialist
- Public relations specialist
- Communications coordinator
- Creative director
Management Information Systems, B.S.