Student Recreation Center Policy
The following policies and rules are enforced to ensure the safety and well-being of patrons within the Student Recreation Center.
Membership Rules & Regulations
- Membership is open to current students, faculty, staff, alumni, U of I affiliates, spouses and the general public.
- Members must obtain an U of I card from VandalCard Services.
- Members are required to show their Vandal or Membership Card each time they enter the control point of the SRC.
- Members who allow other persons to use their membership card may have their membership privileges revoked.
- Members must abide by all membership and facility rules and regulations, as well as U of I rules, regulations and policies.
- Memberships are non-refundable and non-transferable. Lost or stolen cards may be replaced at VandalCard Services for a fee.
- Group Fitness access is limited to the specific group fitness class or classes that individual participant registers for. General SRC access is not included.
- Unattended children are not allowed in the SRC Atrium. Access for children (17 and younger) is limited to youth climbing hours and other youth programs.
SRC Policy Keypoints
VandalCards are required for access. A maximum of three “Forgotten VandalCard” allowances will be permitted each semester.
Closed-toe shoes are required to ensure safety around and within equipment. Non-marking shoes are required on wood courts to avoid damage to the floor's finish. Jeans are not allowed as the rivets tear the upholstery on the equipment. Shirts are required (except for basketball games) to help ensure patron safety and provide a clean environment.
Unattended children are not allowed in the SRC atrium. Access for children (17 and under) is limited to special youth programs only.
Food and/or drinks other than bottled water are not allowed inside the turnstiles to protect equipment and facilities.
Dunking or hanging on rims or nets is prohibited, as the possibility of breaking the backboard creates an unsafe condition.
Safety locks/pins are required when using free weights to help ensure patron safety. Dropping free-weights is prohibited as our floor is not designed for it and it creates an unsafe condition (exception for rubber bumper plates in approved areas). Free-weights are not allowed on the second floor or wood courts as the areas are not made for them, and use may result in damage to the facility and equipment. Re-racking weights after use is common practice.
Download Complete Policy & Procedures
Learn how to use the Student Recreation Center and get the most out of your workout.
Personal Trainer Policy
Only individuals employed as personal trainers by the SRC are permitted to perform any type of personal training/instruction.