Tents, Sleeping Bags & Camping Gear
The Rental Center is located in the University of Idaho Student Recreation Center (SRC). All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates, pick-up and drop-off days are free.
To check equipment availability, call 208-885-6170.
Backpacks, Tents & Sleeping Gear
- External Frame Pack - Kelty
- Internal Frame Pack - North Face, Lowe Alpine, Quest or Osprey
- Bikepacking Package — Giant Handlebar, Frame or Revelate Seat Bag
- Individual — Giant Handlebar, Frame or Revelate Seat Bag
- 1-2 person Alpine Mystique for backpacking
- 2 person Spire for climbing or backpacking
- 2-3 person Trango 3.1 mountain tent
- 2-3 person Alps Taurus
- 4 person Alps Taurus
- Summer Weight Synthetic
- Winter Weight Synthetic
- Closed or Open Cell Sleeping Pads
- Paco Pads
Coolers, Stoves & More
Anyone is welcome to rent equipment. Current U of I students receive a discount on all rentals with their VandalCard.
The U of I Rental Center is user-fee supported.
- All prices listed reflect two-day or weekend rates.
- No charge for pickup and return days (except for one-day rentals).
- Advance reservations accepted with payment at the rental center.
- Long-term daily rental prices are reduced 50 percent after Five days paid at regular rate.
- Equipment must be returned during regular business hours.
- Cancellations more than 14 days notice = 90 percent refund.
- Cancellations less than 14 days out = 75 percent rental credit refund.
We cannot issue refunds for purchases made with rental credit.
Avoid the weekend rush, and make reservations 10 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. Monday - Thursday. Reservations can be made with full payment at the rental center.
Bring valid ID, and allow at least 15 minutes when picking up or returning equipment so staff can verify its condition.
Academic Rental Center Hours
Monday - Friday | 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Summer Rental Center Hours
Monday - Friday | 10 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.