Become a Tutor
Vandals Tutoring is always on the lookout for energetic and capable tutors. Students who enjoy working with people, sharing knowledge and can empathize with students are encouraged to apply. The minimum hour commitment is only 3-5 hours a week and each tutor gets a flexible work arrangement, where the days you work can change during the semester.
Meet the Tutors
Tutors are trained to provide subject-specific support for many subjects and courses as well as general academic support.
Anyone can be a tutor. If you enjoy working with people, sharing your knowledge and can empathize with students, we want to hear from you. TCS primarily hires student tutors, but occasionally non-students are considered.
Tutors must be able to:
- Show competency (received an A or B in subjects to be tutored)
- Provide instructor recommendation
- Communicate effectively
- Complete tutor training
- Flexible hours for busy students
- Learning more through tutoring the subject
- Excellent addition to resume, scholarship or job application
- Satisfaction of helping others
- Improve communication skills
- Sharing skills and knowledge with others
- Competitive wages
- Being a positive influence on the success of students