University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

Majors and Minors FAQs

Academic minors are a prescribed group of classes consisting of 18 or more credits as described in Part 3 of the General Catalog (Regulation J-9). Some majors require a minor, for others it is optional. Check with your advisor for specifics about your degree program.

A change of major is recorded using a Change of Curriculum form which is available on the Registrar's website. You will need to complete the information on the form for both your current program and your new program and collect signatures to exit the old program and be admitted to the new one. Your academic dean's office can assist in filling out the form. Once the form is completed and signed, you must submit it to the Registrar's Office for processing.

There are a number of resources available on our website for students, like yourself, who are exploring their choice of major.

Contact Us

Physical Address:
Idaho Student Union Building 306

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive
MS 2436
Moscow, ID 83844-2436

Phone: 208-885-6300

Fax: 208-885-9494