Creative Services offers photography, video production, graphic design and printing and copying services to the university community. Our team works collaboratively to ensure that a unified brand message reaches students, alumni, donors, faculty, staff and our Vandal community. Our service-based unit is here to help you create the materials you need to achieve your communication and marketing goals within your budget and in support of the University of Idaho brand.
Check out our work for a sampling of the design, photography, printing and videography services we provide.
- Photography – professional portraits, event coverage and feature photography
- Video production – both live and produced video content
- Printing and copy services
- Full-service graphic design, from postcards to magazine to email and digital materials
Working with Creative Services
Before you request the work you will need, please be prepared by thinking about some information we will need. It is helpful for you to provide a creative brief that lays out the scope, goals and budget of your project. For more complex projects that need multiple elements, such as photography, videography, print and/or digital pieces, we encourage you to first talk with your unit marketing and communications manager and then set up a consultation with Creative Services. We would love to work with you to help you meet your goals within your budget.
Things to think about include:
- What is the purpose of the project?
- Who is the audience? Is it internal or external?
- How will the work be used/distributed?
- Are there multiple components to the project? Graphic design, photography, print and more? In this case, we might want to meet with you to outline a larger project.
- What is the budget and budget number for this project?
- When would you like to have the project completed?
When you know what you need, use our online form to submit your request and a member of the Creative Services team will be in contact with you. Don’t know what you need? Contact Senior Director of Marketing & Creative Services John Barnhart to request a consultation.