Brink Hall 326
Department of Mathematics and Statistical Science
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 1103
Moscow, ID 83844-1103
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 2010
- M.S., University of Texas at San Antonio, 2006
- B.S., National University of Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, 2003
- MATH 310: Ordinary Differential Equations
- MATH 539: Theory of Differential Equations
- MATH 540: Partial Differential Equation
- MATH 471: Introduction to Analysis 1
- MATH 521: Topology
- MATH 472: Introduction to Analysis 2
- MATH 531: Complex Analysis
Mathematics of biomedical imaging and material sciences
Dr. Nguyen obtained his doctorate in mathematics at Texas A&M University in 2010. After a semester-long-postdoc at the Mathematical Sciences Research Institute (MSRI), Dr. Nguyen moved to the University of Idaho as an assistant professor. Dr. Nguyen research interests include partial differential equation (PDEs), integral geometry, and harmonic analysis. His research is mainly motivated by applications in biomedical imaging and/or material sciences. He is also interested in population dynamics in particular and bio-mathematics in general.
- Spherical Mean Transform from the PDE Point of View. To appear in Inverse Probl. Imaging.
- Range Description for a Spherical Mean Transform on Spaces of Constant Curvature. Submitted.
- On Singularities and Instability of Reconstruction in Thermoacoustic Tomography. In Tomography and Inverse Transport Theory, Contemporary Mathematics, 163--171 .
- (with Mark Agranovsky) Range Conditions for a Spherical Mean Transform and Global Extendibility of Solutions of the Darboux Equation. Journal d'Analyse Mathématique, Volume 112, Number 1, 351-367, DOI: 10.1007/s11854-010-0033-0.
- A Family of Inversion Formulas in Thermoacoustic Tomography. Inverse Probl. Imaging 3 (2009), no. 4, 649--675.
- (with Hristova, Yulia and Kuchment, Peter) Reconstruction and Time Reversal in Thermoacoustic Tomography in Acoustically Homogeneous and Inhomogeneous Media. Inverse Problems 24 (2008), no. 5, 055006, 25 pp.
- Mathematics of Thermoacoustic/Photoacoustic Tomography. Partially supported by the grant DMS 1212125 from NSF.
- Scattering estimates for wave equations.