How to Apply
To become a graduate student, you must be admitted to the College of Graduate Studies and to the Mathematics Department itself.
To find out more about gaining admission to the College of Graduate Studies, please visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Admission to M.A.T. mathematics program is open to students who have:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- completed a standard sequence in calculus, equivalent to UI Math 170, 175, and 275
- a record indicating probable success in graduate mathematics work (for example, having performed well in theoretical proof-based mathematics courses)
- TOEFL score of at least 79/550 (international students only)
An application to the M.A.T. in Mathematics program consists of the following items:
- Application form (either the online version or the printable version, both available at the College of Graduate Studies web page) along with the application fee of $55.
- 1-2 page statement of career objectives (state why you are interested in the M.A.T.).
- 1-2 page vita or resume.
- Transcripts from each college or university attended. Have transcripts sent to:
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
- Three letters of recommendation
- July 1 for fall semester admission (May 1 for international applicants).
- Nov. 1 for spring semester admission (Oct. 1 for international applicants).
- April 1 for summer admission (March 15 for international applicants).
Late applications will be accepted in the order of their receipt only as long as additional new students can be accommodated.