How to Apply
Admission to M.A.T. mathematics program is open to students who have:
- a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- completed a standard sequence in calculus, equivalent to UI Math 170, 175, and 275
- an undergraduate GPA of 2.8 or higher
- maintained at least a 2.8 GPA in subsequent academic work
- a record indicating probable success in graduate mathematics work (for example, having performed well in theoretical proof-based mathematics courses)
- TOEFL score of at least 79/550 (international students only)
An application to the M.A.T. in Mathematics program consists of the following items:
- Application form (either the online version or the printable version, both available at the College of Graduate Studies web page) along with the application fee of $55.
- 1-2 page statement of career objectives (state why you are interested in the M.A.T.).
- 1-2 page vita or resume.
- Transcripts from each college or university attended. Have transcripts sent to:
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
- Three letters of recommendation
- July 1 for fall semester admission (May 1 for international applicants).
- Nov. 1 for spring semester admission (Oct. 1 for international applicants).
- April 1 for summer admission (March 15 for international applicants).
Late applications will be accepted in the order of their receipt only as long as additional new students can be accommodated.