How to Apply
To become a graduate student, you must be admitted to the College of Graduate Studies and to the Department of Mathematics and Statistical Science itself.
To find out more about gaining admission to the College of Graduate Studies, please visit the Graduate Admissions website.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Application form
- Official TOEFL score (international applicants only) of at least 550 paper or IBT score of 79
- Official transcripts for all undergraduate and graduate work
- If using the online application system, the application fee is $60 for domestic applicants and $70 international applicants. Paper applications are $85.
- Three letters of reference from persons who know enough about your academic abilities to evaluate your potential for graduate studies.
- One to two page Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- One to two page Statement of Career Objectives.
GRE scores are not required.
All of this should be sent directly to the University of Idaho Graduate Admissions Office:
Graduate Admissions Office
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
Once you have met the minimum requirements, the College of Graduate Studies forwards your information to the Department of Mathematics and Statistical Science. You may also be considered for a Teaching Assistantship (TA) at this time. (If you have filled out the TA application form (PDF))
Note: While Graduate Admissions has priority deadlines for applications to receive full consideration, we do accept applications throughout the year.