Grad. Admissions

Graduate Admissions Office

Physical Address

820 Idaho Avenue
Morrill Hall, Room 205

Mailing Address
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
Phone: 208-885-4001
Fax: 208-885-4406
Email: graduateadmissions@uidaho.edu
» Express Mail Address
» Graduate Admissions Staff


In order to apply as a graduate student, applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor degree.

Graduate Admissions at the University of Idaho uses a variety of sources to determine equivalencies. It is important to note that the list of equivalencies below is not complete, but rather represents the most common credentials we receive from each country.
 Equivalent Degree(s)
The Licenciatura/Título de Licenciado(a)/Título de (field of study or profession such as Ingeniero/Engineer, Contador Publico/Public Accountant) Licentiate/Title of Licentiate/Title of (field of study or profession)
NOTE: This applies only to programs of at least 4 years' duration. A 3 year Licenciatura / Título de Licenciado(a) is not equivalent to a U.S. bachelor's degree.

Note: equivalents are subject to change without notice.

  What to Submit How to Submit
 1. Clear and legible photocopies of all graduation certificates or diplomas issued by the institution attended.

e.g. Título de Técnico Superior/ Tecnólogo, Profesional/ Licenciado, Maestro/ Magister, Doctor


Academic transcripts (Certificado de estudios /calificaciones) that list all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of study.


An official written statement certifying that you have been awarded your academic credential.
To be submitted directly from the Registrar of the institution attended bearing the institution’s official seal, stamp, and/or appropriate signature.

Note: Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized educational institutions. Some institutions will not send official documents. If this is the case, a professional credential evaluation will be required.

Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.

Please click here to download a Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form.

Note: The University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by an outside, independent party.