Grad. Admissions

Graduate Admissions Office

Physical Address

820 Idaho Avenue
Morrill Hall, Room 205

Mailing Address
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 3019
Moscow, ID 83844-3019
Phone: 208-885-4001
Fax: 208-885-4406
Email: graduateadmissions@uidaho.edu
» Express Mail Address
» Graduate Admissions Staff


In order to apply as a graduate student, applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. Bachelor degree.

Graduate Admissions at the University of Idaho uses a variety of sources to determine equivalencies. It is important to note that the list of equivalencies below is not complete, but rather represents the most common credentials we receive from each country.
 Equivalent Degree(s)
Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) following a 3 year Bachelor’s degree
2. Bachelor (4 year program)

Note: equivalents are subject to change without notice.

  What to Submit How to Submit
 1. Clear, legible copies of all final or provisional degree certificates attested by the awarding institution

e.g. Bachelor, Postgraduate Diploma, Master, etc.


All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations.

e.g. university or autonomous college

College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college.
To be submitted directly from the Controller of Examinations or Registrar of the institution attended.

Request for all mark sheets to be sent directly to Graduate Admissions by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations


You may have photocopies of your original mark sheets attested by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office. Please request for the attested photocopies to be placed in an official sealed envelope and mailed directly to the Graduate Admissions Office.

Note: Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized educational institutions. Mark sheets attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will NOT be accepted.

Some institutions will not send official documents. If this is the case, a professional credential evaluation will be required.

Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.

Please click here to download a Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form.

Note: The University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by an outside, independent party.