Baked oysters parmesan
- 48 U.S. farm-raised oysters, shucked
- (liquor and bottom shells reserved)
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1-1/2 cups breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat broth and oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots, breadcrumbs and garlic, stirring as they cook for 3 minutes. Add parsley.
Arrange oysters on the half shells on a jelly roll pan (you can use a layer of rock salt to keep the shells upright).
Top each oyster with the breadcrumb mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 10 minutes, or until the top has browned.
Safe Handling Tips
- Purchase seafood right before checking out at the supermarket
- If seafood will not be refrigerated within 30 minutes, put it in a cooler
- Use seafood within 36 hours of purchase or freeze immediately
- Use defrosted seafood within 36 hours
- Thaw frozen seafood in the refrigerator — never at room temperature
- Allow one day for seafood to defrost in refrigerator
- Always wash hands before and after handling seafood
- Use separate knives and cutting boards
- For more tips on selecting, buying, handling, storing and cooking seafood