Clear Bag Policy
Beginning January 1, 2020, the University of Idaho will implement a clear bag policy for all events in the Kibbie Dome and for events on the Moscow campus with 500+ attendance.
Nearly all large event facilities have adopted a clear bag policy. The U of I has evaluated the policies adopted by other universities in an attempt to maintain consistency and best practices. This new policy is intended to improve and maintain public safety and event security and to improve bag check efficiency at events.
TIPS FOR EASY ENTRANCE INTO LARGE EVENTS
- Only bring what is necessary with you to all events - phone, wallet, money, credit cards, car keys, etc. Leave all unnecessary items at home or in your vehicle.
- Each group or family member may carry an approved clear tote bag and/or an approved clutch bag into the venue.
- Backpacks and bags may not be stored at the Kibbie Dome gates or outside the venue. Any unattended bag will be removed immediately (all items will be discarded).
- U of I is not responsible for the care or security of any items left unattended.
- Please visit our website to be sure your bag meets the specifications uidaho.edu/clearbagpolicy
- Thank you for your cooperation with this very important policy. For questions, please call 208-885-2223.
Q and A
This policy applies only to events in the Kibbie Dome and events held on the Moscow Campus with 500+ in attendance:
Clear bags no larger than 12”x 6”x 12”
Non-clear wristlets, clutches, wallets, bags no larger than 4.5” x 6.5”
No. Backpacks of any kind are not allowed, including clear, drawstring or cinch bags.
The following items are not allowed if you are attending an event at the Kibbie Dome, International Ballroom or gathering of 500+ people (all guests and items are subject to search):
- Backpacks of any kind, including clear, drawstring or cinch bags
- Briefcases or luggage of any kind
- Camera bags and camera lens bags/holders
- Coolers and insulated bags
- Fanny packs
- Laptop or tablet bags
- Oversized purses
Each individual person may bring one clear bag (12”x 6”x 12” or smaller, or a 1-gallon plastic bag) AND a wristlet/clutch/wallet.
- Outside food or drinks
- Lighters and flammable fluids
- Illegal drugs
- Glass containers
- Coolers or ice chests
- Weapons of any kind
- Cameras with lenses larger than 4”
- Flash photography or video
- Laser pointers
- Alternative transportation (bicycles, scooters, skateboards, etc.)
- Noisemakers, (cow bells, horns, etc.)
- Animals of any kind, except service animals
- Umbrellas (unless they fold up and fit below your seat)
- Aerosol cans
- Selfie sticks
Event staff are empowered to determine if additional items not on the list above pose a safety risk or distraction and may prohibit those items inside the venue.
Special consideration will be made for people with special physical/medical needs and individuals caring for infants.
No. Individuals may put small items into pockets or clutch bags (e.g., keys, makeup, phone, wallet, credit cards). Blankets may be carried in. Binoculars and cameras may be brought in without their cases.
Yes, cushions may be carried in as long as they do not have pockets or zippers and are no larger than 18” x 18.”
Prohibited bags cannot come inside the venue. Individuals may transfer items into an approved bag before entering the event.
Diaper bags are not permitted inside the venue. Diapers and baby items may be carried into the venue in a permissible 12”x 6”x 12” clear tote bag. Medical bags are permitted in the venue but are subject to further search.
The University of Idaho is a tobacco-free campus.