Rules and Policies
Social Distancing: Facility Procedure Changes
- Patrons are required to enter the facility through Memorial Gym Tunnel and exit through the southwest doors, towards gold parking lot 39.
- Use of the Memorial Gym locker room is unavailable at this time.
- Towels from Memorial Gym will not be available.
- Swim Center pass cards must be kept on person and will not be available for storage at the facility.
- Only one swimmer will be allowed per lane and all touchpoints will be disinfected regularly to help mitigate the spread of germs.
Circle Swim Policy for Lap Swimming
- Covid-19 Notice: One swimmer will be allowed per lane, to help promote social distancing. All touchpoints will be disinfected after each program to help mitigate the spread of germs.
- Circle swimming means you keep the center line on your left in both directions
- University of Idaho Athletics and the Movement Science Department have simultaneous access to the Swim Center during lap and open swim.
- USS-Swim Center Swim Lessons and other programming will ALWAYS share during lap and open swim.
- No Coaching/teaching of non-familial children or adults allowed (please see pool management for more information)
- Coaching of family members allowed from the water only (please see pool management for more information)
- U of I Swim Center Management reserve the right to modify this policy as necessary.
General Swim Center Rules
- Lifeguard must be present and on duty to use facility.
- Failure to comply with a lifeguard will result in expulsion from the facility.
- No running in the Swim Center facility.
- Do not sit or hang on lane lines or hang feet from gutters.
- No one may jump or dive off of the diving blocks without permission.
- Fighting, intimidation, roughness, running or horseplay in or out of the water is prohibited.
- Please show courtesy and consideration for other users of the Swim Center.
- Language which is profane or obscene is not condoned nor is it permitted.
- No inappropriate affectionate behavior will be permitted.
- No alcohol or tobacco products are permitted.
- Balls, toys, games, etc. are only allowed during open swim.
- At no time will a patron be allowed to swim or use diving boards in the deep pool unless they are capable of swimming at least one length of the pool to the satisfaction of the lifeguard.
- Individuals with a contagious disease or infectious conditions are asked not to use the Swim Center.
- Appropriate swim attire required.
- Only PFDs (Personal Flotation Devices) that are Coast Guard Approved are allowed in the pool.
- Absolutely no glass is allowed in the facility.
- No food, beverages (other than water), or gum are allowed on deck or pool.
- Children under 9 years of age will not be allowed in the pool unless accompanied by an adult, 18 years of age or older.
- Patrons are responsible for the security of their own personal belongings. Lockers are available for day use, but patrons must provide their own locks, which are to be removed at the end of the day.
- Children who are not yet toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers.
- Patrons are encouraged to shower before and after using the pool.
- Pollution of the pool in prohibited. Persons blowing their nose, expectorating, urinating, or depositing any foreign material in the pool will be asked to leave.
- U of I Swim Center Management reserves the right to modify rules as necessary