Curator and Manager of William F. Barr Entomological Museum
Luc has extensive experience in insect taxonomy (especially Tephritidae and Ichneumonidae) and managing insect collections. He implemented plant protection-related projects in Africa (1989-1994) and the South Pacific Islands (1994-2002).
Ph.D., University of Hawaii (Manoa), 2010
M.S., Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada, 1988
B.S., McGill University, Montreal, Canada, 1986
- Leblanc, L., M. San Jose, N. Barr, and D. Rubinoff. 2015. A phylogenetic assessment of the polyphyletic nature and intraspecific color polymorphism in the Bactrocera dorsalis complex (Diptera, Tephritidae). Zookeys. 540: 339-367.
- Leblanc, L., M. San Jose, M.G. Wright, and D. Rubinoff. 2015. Declines in biodiversity and the abundance of pest species across land use gradients in Southeast Asia. Submitted to Landscape Ecology. DOI 10.1007/s10980-015-0276-3
- Leblanc, L., S. Graham, S. McNeil, K. Pohlman, M. Dinneen, and B. Fujita 2014. Abundance and seasonal occurrence of pest fruit flies (Diptera: Tephritidae) in residential and rural areas of Oahu (Hawaiian Islands). Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 46: 9-24.
- Leblanc, L., D. Rubinoff, and M.G. Wright. 2013. Conservation implications of changes in endemic Hawaiian Drosophilidae biodiversity across native, alien, and agricultural land use gradients. PLoS ONE 8(5): e62464. Doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0062464.
- Leblanc, L., E. Tora Vueti, and A.J. Allwood. 2013. Host plant records for fruit flies (Diptera: Tephritidae: Dacini) in the Pacific Islands: 2. Infestation statistics on economic hosts. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 45: 83-117.
- Leblanc, L., R.I. Vargas, and R. Putoa. 2013. From eradication to containment: invasion of French Polynesia by Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) (Diptera: Tephritidae) and releases of natural enemies: a 17-year case study. Proceedings of the Hawaiian Entomological Society. 45: 31-43.
- Leblanc, L., R.I. Vargas, and D. Rubinoff. 2010. Attraction of Ceratitis capitata (Diptera: Tephritidae) and endemic and introduced nontarget insects to BioLure bait and its individual components in Hawaii. Environmental Entomology. 39: 989-998.
- Leblanc, L., D. Rubinoff, and R.I. Vargas. 2009. Attraction of nontarget species to fruit fly (Diptera: Tephritidae) male lures and decaying fruit flies in Hawaii. Environmental Entomology. 38: 1446-1461.
- Leblanc, L., E.T. Vueti, and A.J. Allwood. 2001. FAO/AusAID/UNDP/SPC Project on regional management of fruit flies in the Pacific. Terminal report (May 1997 - December 2000). Secretariat of the Pacific Community. Suva, Fiji. vi + 150pp.
- Leblanc, L. 1989. A taxonomic revision of the Nearctic species of Himerta (Hymenoptera: Ichneumonidae). Contributions of the American Entomological Institute. 27(3): 1-75.