Studying the Insects of Earth
Insects account for more than half of all animal species on Earth. In this program you will study the role insects play in crop production and landscapes. Study pollination, disease transmission, pest management and all areas of entomology. You will apply what you learn in the classroom in on-campus laboratories, fields and greenhouses. A degree in entomology provides a strong scientific background and opportunities for those interested in the diversity of nature.
- See more than 1 million insect specimens at the William F. Barr Entomological Museum
- Access plant science farms and computer-controlled greenhouses
- Participate in a departmental research project
- Intern with USDA or U.S. Forest Service
- Observe insects in their native habitats and collect samples
- The only undergraduate entomology program in the Pacific Northwest