In order to apply as a graduate student, applicants must possess the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.
Graduate Admissions at the University of Idaho uses a variety of sources to determine equivalencies. It is important to note that the list of equivalencies below is not complete, but rather represents the most common credentials we receive from each country.
- Post Graduate Diploma (PGD) following a 3 year Bachelor’s degree
- Bachelor (4 year program)
Note: equivalents are subject to change without notice.
What to Submit
- Clear, legible copies of all final or provisional degree certificates attested by the awarding institution (e.g. Bachelor, Postgraduate Diploma, Master, etc.)
- All individual mark sheets indicating all subjects taken and marks obtained for all years of post-secondary study – issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations. (e.g. university or autonomous college)
- Note: College-issued and attested mark sheets will NOT be accepted unless from an autonomous college
How to Submit
To be sent directly to the University of Idaho from the Controller of Examinations or Registrar of the awarding institution bearing the institution’s official seal, stamp, and/or appropriate signature.
If the awarding institution does not provide mailing options to the US, you may have photocopies of your original mark sheets and degree certificates attested by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office, placed in an official envelope officially sealed by the Controller of Examinations or Registrar’s Office and then mail to the Graduate Admissions Office. Do not open the envelope or break the official seal.
- Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized educational institutions.
- Credentials attested by persons outside the Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will not be accepted.
Verification through the National Academic Depository (NAD) System may be required. The University of Idaho recommends that you initiate the verification of your mark sheets and degree certificates during the application stage.
- For the Verification Entity, enter the Email ID: email@example.com
- Provide a copy of the paid invoice with your uploaded mark sheets
To check if your Academic Institution participates in the NAD system, use the National Academic Depository (NAD).
If the awarding institution does not provide mailing options to the US, provide the Transcript Request and Release Authorization Form to your institution. Request the institution to fill out the form and place the form with your documents in an official envelope sealed by the appropriate office and give the sealed envelope to you. You can then mail this to the Graduate Admissions Office. Do not open the envelope or break the official seal.
Credentials are acceptable only when they are issued by, and received from, authorized personnel. Credentials attested by persons outside the authorized office, such as individual professors or external notary publics, will not be accepted.
Precise, word-for-word, English translations are required for all foreign language documents.
The University of Idaho recommends, and reserves the right to require, a professional credential evaluation by an outside, independent party.