University of Idaho - I Banner
students walk on University of Idaho campus

Visit U of I

Learn about the many reasons the University of Idaho could be a perfect fit for you. Schedule Your Visit

campus full of students

U of I Retirees Association

UIRA has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the University. Learn about UIRA

F-1 Students

F-1 student status is the most common status used by international students at the University of Idaho. In general, F-1 students must engage in a full-time course of study at the university. Admissions will issue Form I-20 to eligible students who indicate that they would like to pursue F-1 status. Form I-20 supports applications for F-1 visas and F-1 status. Most students apply for an F-1 visa stamp at a U.S. consulate abroad. In general, only after receiving an F-1 visa stamp may these students apply to enter the U.S. in F-1 status.

Spouses and children of F-1 students are eligible for F-2 status, and may be issued Forms I-20 to support their applications for F-2 visas and F-2 status.

International Programs Office

Physical Address:
901 Paradise Creek St.
LLC Bldg. #3
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive
MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

Phone: 208-885-8984

Fax: 208-885-2859