University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to SlateConnect.



Dual credit students that enroll in classes only need to apply for their first semester of enrollment. If they do not enroll (gap in enrollment) for U of I classes for two years, they must submit a new application. If a student applies for a semester and never enrolls, they must submit a new application for the new semester they want to attend. If a student participates each year in high school, they would only apply for admissions the first semester they started classes.

Students, whenever possible, should enroll into courses that count towards fulfillment of both their general education requirement and a program of study. Degree plans for some majors include a very limited number of elective credits. A minimum of 120 credit hours are necessary for a bachelor's degree.

General Education
General Education Checklist

Apply and Register Online

Register for classes at your high school, on the U of I campus or online

Register Online

Register: Under 16

Students under the age of 16 may enroll in classes (online or on a U of I campus) by emailing us for the appropriate registration process.

Email Dual Credit

How to Pay

Payment Options


Vandal Number

Student ID Card

Learn More

Students must meet all listed pre-requisites for the class they want to enroll in. Students can use ACT, SAT, AP, or placement exam scores to satisfy pre-requisites. The most common classes that require exam scores.

  • Math Classes - Students who want to enroll in a math class can take the ALEKS placement exam to determine which course(s) they can enroll in. ACT, SAT, and AP math scores can also be used for placement into Math classes.
  • English Classes - Students should visit the English Department website for information regarding methods of placement.
  • World Languages - Avant PLACE is a computer delivered placement exam used by U of I Modern Languages and Cultures. Exams are available in Spanish, French, German, Chinese and Japanese languages. Visit the Testing Center webpage to learn more.
  • SAT & ACT scores – If these are on your high school transcript, submit your high school transcript for course placement for On-Campus & Online options or submit through College Board.

    Office of Admissions
    875 Perimeter Dr MS 4260 
    Moscow, ID 83844-4260

The On-Campus Option allows high school students to take college courses on the university campus or online through the Dual Credit program. These courses are only offered for university credit and are recorded on the university transcript. Students must work with their high school to have these credits count toward high school core requirements. A dual credit non-degree student may register for no more than 13 credits each semester and may complete a maximum of 62-semester credits at the University of Idaho. High school students participating in the On-Campus Option follow the same deadlines as regular university students.

Students participating in the on-campus/online option are not eligible for federal financial aid programs. Students are responsible for attached course fees not covered by Advanced Opportunities.

Is the on-campus option the right choice for me?
Parents and students should consider goals, maturity and responsibility prior to enrolling.

Who is eligible?
All UI high school students with a 2.5 GPA and approval of a parent or guardian.

What’s Next?
Make an appointment with the Dual Credit office to learn more about the enrollment steps:

Dual Credit

Physical Address:
Blake House
1150 Blake Avenue
Moscow, ID 83844