Fire or Explosion Emergency Procedures
- Alert people in the immediate area of the fire/explosion and evacuate the area.
- If you have been trained and it is safe to do so, you may attempt to extinguish a fire with a portable fire extinguisher. If you have not been trained to use a fire extinguisher, you must evacuate the area.
- Confine the fire by closing doors as you leave the area.
- If the automatic fire alarm has not been activated, activate the building fire alarm system by pulling the handle on a manual pull station.
- Evacuate the building following the procedures listed above. The Evacuation Coordinator must call 9-911 to verify the fire alarm/evacuation signal has been received.