As a response to demand for a unified online experience for students, faculty and staff, the Office of Information Technology, in collaboration with the Dean of Student's Office, is launching a new university dashboard, MyUI (my.uidaho.edu). Hosted on the new Ellucian Experience platform, MyUI will offer each user a personalized dashboard that will provide access to content and real-time data using individual configurable "cards" and will allow integration of the many different software applications used across campus into one single sign-on mobile experience.
A beta version of MyUI with basic functionality will be available starting Fall 2022, with a goal of full functionality available the 2023-24 academic year. MyUI will not completely replace VandalWeb immediately but will provide a new platform to give students the mobile-friendly, easy to use and customizable user interface they expect to have available, while giving campus staff and faculty a centralized dashboard to better communicate across the campus community. The final goal is to provide a one-stop shop for all your digital needs in one location.
The MyUI dashboard integrates many disparate software applications and functionality into “cards”. These “cards” are used to categorize software to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and satisfaction of student workflow.
The initial platform will be launching Fall 2022. However, a great deal of new functionality is already in development and will be launched at regular intervals.
- The goal of the MyUI project is to capture and optimize every aspect of the digital student experience in one single sign-on dashboard.
- To view what functionality is currently available: Click on the “Discover More” button.
- Are you not seeing what you are looking for? Send us a suggestion through the “Provide Feedback” link in the menu, or by clicking on the “Provide Feedback” card on your MyUI dashboard.
- We are always looking to improve new and current functionality. If you would like exclusive access to test software that has not yet been released, become a beta-tester!
One of the primary goals of the MyUI project is to gradually replace all the existing functionality in VandalWeb with a student-tested and optimized version on the MyUI dashboard.
Beta Version and Testing
The beta version is essentially a test environment for the MyUI dashboard where we expose new functionality to users. Beta testers are provided compensation in exchange for participating in official feedback sessions and usability tests.
Click on the “Become a Beta-tester" button to apply. You will be redirected to a Qualtrics survey where you will be asked to provide us with your basic student information.
- We are glad you asked! We are always looking to verify if we are on the right track as well as for ways to improve. There are two ways to provide feedback on the MyUI dashboard:
- Click on the menu button in the top left-hand corner > “Resource links” > “Provide Feedback”.
- Click the image on the “Provide Feedback” card that comes preinstalled on your dashboard.
Featured Card - Class Schedule
The Class Schedule card allows you to view the schedule of your courses for a given day (for current and previous semesters). You can navigate the calendar by the week and select an individual day to view the scheduled classes for any day of the week. You can also view more detailed class information by selecting a class from the calendar.
The Class Schedule card displays a daily calendar with classes scheduled for that day, including the building and room number. When clicking on a course in the schedule, a drill-down view shows credits, meeting info (dates/times and building/room), the instructor, and the instructor’s email address. You can navigate between dates and weeks to view the class schedule for a given day.