University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Report Discrimination or Harassment

Protected Class Discrimination/Harassment and Retaliation

This form allows any person who experiences or observes any form of discrimination or harassment based on a protected characteristic to file a complaint. Protected characteristics include: race, color, religion, national origin, age, protected military status, age, disability, family status, genetic information, creed or sex-based discrimination that includes pregnancy, parenting, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression. You may also submit a complaint of retaliation for engaging in a protected process.

Sexual Misconduct/Title IX Report

A Title IX Report allows any member of the university community who has been affected by, or has any concern about, any form of sexual misconduct, including, stalking, domestic violence, dating violence, sexual harassment, or sexual assault, to use this form or contact the Office of Civil Rights and Investigations. This process does not prompt an investigation but will prompt OCRI to reach out to the Complainant(s), the person(s) against whom the sexual misconduct occurred.

Title IX Formal Complaint

A Formal Complaint is an official request for the University to conduct an investigation into allegation(s) of sexual harassment as defined by FSH 6100. A Formal Complaint will result in the Respondent(s), the person(s) alleged to have engaged in sexual harassment, being notified of the allegations at a later time. A "Formal Complaint" can only be filed by the Complainant(s), the person(s) against whom the alleged sexual harassment occurred and includes the guardian of a Complainant who is under 18 years of age, or the Title IX Coordinator. This form is to be used by Complainants to file a "Formal Complaint" of sexual harassment.

External Reporting Options

The university is committed to addressing complaints timely and effectively, in accordance with grievance procedures, polices, and law. However, you also have the right to file complaints external to the University of Idaho if you believe that the university’s procedures have not adequately address your concerns. The agencies identified below may be able to assist you further:

Office for Civil Rights
Seattle Office
Phone: 206-607-1600

Idaho Human Rights Commission
Phone: 208-334-2873
Toll Free: 888-249-7025

Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Seattle Field Office
Phone: 800-669-4000
TTY: 800-669-6820
ASL Video Phone: 844-234-5122

Contact Us

Physical Address:
530 S Asbury Street, Suite 5
Moscow, ID 83843

Mailing Address:
530 S Asbury Street, Suite 5
Moscow, ID 83843

Phone: 208-885-4285