Meet Our People
Interim Director, Office of Civil Rights and Investigations
The director of the Office of Civil Rights and Investigations oversees investigations and preparation of written reports and makes recommendations for findings and remedies. The director is responsible for Title IX compliance in matters involving faculty, staff and students, including training, education and investigation of complaints. The director also works with the Associate Dean of Students to coordinate investigations where the person accused of sexual misconduct is a student.
Interim Title IX & ADA Coordinator, Interim Director OCRI
Deputy Director, Civil Rights and Investigations
The deputy director for the Office of Civil Rights and Investigations reviews, investigates, and oversees all civil rights complaints and complaints of discrimination in the workplace and within the University community in accordance with University policy and procedures. The deputy director supervises and directs the work of the civil rights investigators in the course of investigations involving students and employees, ensuring efficient and timely response to complaints and ensures that support and notification protocols are implemented, including identifying and reporting Clery related concerns in compliance with Clery protocol. The deputy director also serves as the Title IX Coordinator in the absence of the Director.
Investigators & Deputy Coordinators
The investigators and deputy coordinators provide administrative, educational, intellectual and compliance leadership to the Office of Civil Rights. They investigate alleged violations of the Student Code of Conduct and University policies, including as members of the Title IX investigation team. Additionally, they assist with educational outreach efforts for students, faculty, and staff across the University of Idaho.
The Deputy Director for the Office of Civil Rights and Investigations ensures efficient and timely responses to complaints and ensures that support and notification protocols are implemented, including identifying and reporting Clery-related concerns in compliance with Clery protocol. The Deputy Director also serves as the Deputy Title IX Coordinator for the Office, assisting the Title IX Coordinator with the management and implementation of all Title IX compliance strategies, actions and programs.
The Deputy ADA Coordinator assists the ADA Coordinator with the management and implementation of all ADA/Section 504 compliance strategies, actions, and programs. The Deputy ADA Coordinator consults and facilitates the interactive process for exploring reasonable accommodations for faculty and staff.
- Aug. 17, 2020 - OCR Webinar: Title IX Regulations Addressing Sexual Harassment - Webinar Link
- Sept. 9, 2020 - The First Amendment and Title IX: An OCR Short Webinar - Webinar Link
- Sept. 9, 2020 - OCR Webinar on New Title IX Protections Against Sexual Assault - Webinar Link
- Feb. 18, 2021 - Informal Resolution - PowerPoint
- April 16 & 23, 2021 - Grand River Solutions Hearing Board and Advisor Training - Webinar Link
- Oct. 4, 2021 - Title IX Hearing Board Training - PowerPoint
- Aug 15, 2022 - Supporting Student Who Are Parents: Avoid Legal Issues Due to Noncompliance - Slides
- Feb. 13, 2023 - Alternative Resolutions/Informal Resolutions Training - Training Materials
Civil Rights Investigator
- 8-21-2020 - Review of the Questions from OCR’s open center (ATIXA)
- 8-26-2020 - Reluctant Witness & the New Regulations (Dan Schorr, LLC) - Presentation Slides
- 9-25-2020 - Best Practices to Consider When Engaging Outside Investigators