University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

U of I Undergraduates

U of I students have a variety of opportunities for educational experiences abroad! Discover your options and the advantages of incorporating an international experience into your Vandal story right here.

First Steps to Going Abroad:

  1. Attend a First Time Info Session or other specific EA Info Session offered weekly
  2. Talk to an Education Abroad Advisor. Schedule an appointment by calling us at 208-885-8984 or email us with your availability
  3. Search and apply for your program of choice*
  4. Talk to your Academic Advisor about your plans
  5. Refer to these Resources for Planning Your International Experience

*All programs found within the U of I Education Abroad program search are affiliated and approved programs.

Why is this important?

U of I students can use their financial aid toward any U of I affiliated program and U of I will automatically accept credit from any affiliated program.

Other specific program applications

Through its partner schools and third party providers, the U of I is affiliated with over 300 universities more than 50 countries, offering study, internship, volunteer, and undergraduate research opportunities abroad for every U of I field of study. However, if you cannot find a U of I program that meets your specific needs, you have other options. Be aware you are required to fill out an alternative application per U of I policy (APM 70.23) if you will receive credit, financial aid, or your program has been organized by a U of I department in any way. Please keep in mind that if you wish to earn credit toward your U of I degree, the institution providing the credit must be accredited.

The following international experiences have their own applications available here:

Study Abroad- Unaffiliated Programs- Credit from another U.S. Institution
This application is for students going abroad on a program through another U.S. university and receiving an official transcript from that U.S. university.

Study Abroad – Unaffiliated Programs- Credit from a Foreign Institution
This application is for students going abroad directly to a foreign institution and receiving a transcript from that foreign institution.

Undergraduate Research/Internship Abroad- Unaffiliated programs
This application is for students going abroad to conduct research, fieldwork or an internship with or without receiving credit.

Attend a Conference/Meeting Abroad 
This application is to register travel for students who are attending a conference or meeting internationally.

Physical Address:
901 Paradise Creek Street
LLC #3, Ground Floor

Mailing Address:
875 Perimeter Drive MS 1250
Moscow, ID 83844-1250

Phone: 208-885-7870

Fax: 208-885-2859