Growing in Kootenai County
U of I Extension trains local Idaho Master Gardeners to provide research-based horticulture education.
Idaho Master Gardeners develop and share expertise in topics including:
- Food production
- Integrated pest management techniques
- Improving soil fertility
- Choosing the right trees
- Growing turf grass
- Sustainable yards and gardens
Classes and Workshops for Community Members
We offer low cost horticulture, homesteading, permaculture and basic gardening workshops and classes to our community.
Horticulture Class Series
- When: January through October, Monday evenings and Saturdays, times vary
- Cost: Prices vary from $10 for classes to $80 for our 2-day workshop: Growing in Northern Idaho.
- 2020 Idaho Master Gardeners' Annual Horticulture Class Series Calendar (PDF)
- 2020 Idaho Master Gardeners' Annual Horticulture Class Series Brochure (PDF)
- 2020 Idaho Master Gardeners' Annual Horticulture Class Series Registration Form (PDF)
Preregistration and prepayment is required to reserve your space. Classes fill up fast — please call to see if spaces are still available before registering.
Please email Michal or call
Resources and Publications
Noxious Weed Department
The Kootenai County Noxious Weed Control Department assists the public and government agencies with identification and control methods for noxious weeds.
For more information, please contact them at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 10905 N. Ramsey Road
Hayden, ID 83835