For purchases under $500, there are several options:
- Use the NIATT credit card. If you want a student to make the purchase, you must first email Debbie Foster informing her that you give that particular student permission to use the credit card. The student must complete paperwork and will receive purchasing card guidelines before checking out a card. Cards and receipts must be returned in one day (exceptions will be made for special circumstances).
- Request that a purchase order be placed. Complete the purchase request form and get it to Debbie. This may be useful for non-local vendors or vendors from whom we do not often purchase.
- Purchase the item yourself and request reimbursement. Original receipts must be submitted. We do not recommend this. U of I purchases are tax-free and the institution will not reimburse you for taxes paid.
For purchases between $500 and $4,999
- NIATT has one credit card for purchases above $500. Please contact Debbie to use it or send your authorized student to her office where the purchase can be made by phone.
For purchases $5,000 or more
- Formal procedures (request for bid, quotations or proposals) must be followed. This involves U of I Purchasing. The process is not quick. Email Debbie Foster in advance of your need to purchase large items or service.
- Please note that any single purchase this large on a UTC budget must be pre-approved by UTC.