For purchases under $500, there are several options:
- Use the NIATT credit card. If you want a student to make the purchase, you must first email NIATT at email@example.com informing us that you give that particular student permission to use the credit card. The student must complete paperwork and will receive purchasing card guidelines before checking out a card. Cards and receipts must be returned in one day (exceptions will be made for special circumstances).
- Request that a purchase order be placed. Complete the purchase request form and get it to NIATT. This may be useful for non-local vendors or vendors from whom we do not often purchase.
- Purchase the item yourself and request reimbursement. Original receipts must be submitted. We do not recommend this. U of I purchases are tax-free and the institution will not reimburse you for taxes paid.
For purchases between $500 and $4,999
- NIATT has one credit card for purchases above $500. Please email NIATT at firstname.lastname@example.org to use it or send your authorized student to NIATT where the purchase can be made by phone.
For purchases $5,000 or more
- Formal procedures (request for bid, quotations or proposals) must be followed. This involves U of I Purchasing. Email NIATT at email@example.com in advance of your need to purchase large items or service.
- Please note that any single purchase this large on a UTC budget must be pre-approved by UTC.