U.S. Military and Veterans Education Assistance
Request for Tuition Assistance (FTA) must be done through ArmyIgnitED. This new education portal went into effect in early March 2021.
Contact your Army Education Counselor or Education Services Officer (ESO) for more information. Have an active ArmyIgnitED education account. FTA funding request should be submitted no later than 10 days before the course start date.
Idaho Guard soldiers:
The point of contact for ArmyIgnitED accounts and educational benefits is ESO John Harris. His email is email@example.com or call 208-272-3615. You may also contact Billy R Reeves II, Assistant Director of Military and Veteran Services with questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-7979 (direct line).
Active Duty and Army Reserve soldiers:
Contact your ESO at your duty station or reserve center for ArmyIgnitED and FTA questions.
Washington Guard soldiers:
Visit the Washington State Military Department's website for more information.
- WA Education Services Officer (253) 512-1324
- Federal Tuition Assistance (253) 512-8931
University of Idaho/ArmyIgnitED account Contacts:
Students can email Billy Reeves or Christina Taylor with FTA questions/concerns.
- Billy R Reeves II, Assistant Director of Military and Veteran Services | email@example.com
- Christina Taylor, Financial Technician in Student Accounts | firstname.lastname@example.org
New Account Guidelines/Instructions for Army IgnitED account set up:
- TA Student - Create a Student User Account
- TA Student - Navigate Student Dashboard
- TA Student - Create Education Paths and Tuition Assistance Requests
Please provide your Tuition Assistance Authorization form to Christina Taylor in the Student Accounts office. It can be emailed or dropped by the office in the Bruce Pitman Center.
Tools to Assist in Selecting a College or University:
- The College Scorecard: This is a consumer planning tool and resource to assist prospective students and their families as they evaluate their options in selecting a school.
- The College Navigator: This tool features a cost calculator and school comparison tool. It provides information regarding a school’s tuition and fees, retention and graduation rates, use of financial aid, and student loan default rates.
- The Financial Aid Shopping Sheet: This standardized aid award letter presents prospective students with an easy-to-read breakdown of the costs and financial aid options for a particular school, allowing easy comparison and facilitating informed decisions in the college selection process. This award letter can only be viewed if you have applied for financial aid and it has been awarded.
- The ‘Paying for College’ web page: This page can be used by prospective students to compare up to three schools with detailed financial information for each, taking into account actual financial aid offers.
University of Idaho Resources
- Academic Counseling or Advising: Information and a link to your advisor can be found on the University of Idaho Academic Advising web page or by calling 208-885-6300.
- Financial Aid Counseling: Call the Financial Aid office at 208-885-6312 and ask to speak with your financial aid advisor.
- Student Support Services: The University of Idaho prides itself on providing you with the individualized services and attention necessary to make the most of your college experience. Many kinds of support are offered. More information can be found here.
- Military and Veteran Services: Information can be found on their website or by calling 208-885-7989 or 208-885-7979.