High School Journalism Workshop
Ethics, photography, editing, design, broadcast – the annual U of I Idaho Student journalism Association meeting on Oct. 25, 2018 was filled with all things journalism.
Attached are links to the keynote speech by Professor Steven A. Smith on media ethics. Smith, a 30-plus year editor and now clinical professor of journalism, discussed the importance of ethics, and how one can think ethically, in the newsroom. Special thanks to JAMM student Hunter Funk for her videography and editing.
Thanks to William Love from Sandpoint High School, there is also a news story about the day and some of the takeaways from the speakers.
Special thanks to this year’s speakers:
- Steve Smith, keynote address and session on editing
- Craig Staszkow, digital news director, Moscow-Pullman Daily News, news basics
- Geoff Crimmins, Moscow-Pullman Daily News, photography
- Jonathan Carson, Inland Northwest Broadcasting, advertising
- Kyle Howerton, design assistant professor, graphic design
- Sueann Ramella, Northwest Pubic Broadcasting, broadcasting basics
- Rebecca Tallent, JAMM associate professor, legal issues