B.S. Food Science: Fermentation Science
The Science of Fermented Foods
Explore how fermented foods and beverages are made in this cooperative program between University of Idaho and Washington State University. Coursework combines the study of multiple fields, including biology, chemistry, microbiology, physics, engineering and other sciences. Gain hands-on experience through labs and internships working with a variety of fermented foods, such as cheese, bread, yogurt, cider, beer and wine.
Many of your courses will be held on the WSU campus, just 8 miles from Moscow, giving you access to facilities and faculty experts at two renowned research universities.
- Learn to create new, safer, better-quality foods
- Develop a new food product for national competitions
- Complete internships in the food and beverage industry
- Explore undergraduate research opportunities
- Check out our dairy foods management and food science options
- Ranked as a top 10 best bachelor's in food science and nutrition programs